The wonderful local veg growing project Planna Fwyd/Plant Food has offered us a number of veg bags for our grant recipients.
They have a glut of extra vegetables at this time, and we’re hoping to distribute these to local people and families between now and October. There has already been an enthusiastic response from our applicants with most saying it’s a great idea.
Find out about Planna Fwyd/Plant Food here.
Huge thanks to everyone who has supported us these first few months of the fund.
We wanted to update you on our activities during this time.
We started in May 2020 so have been running for four months. We are a grass-roots group run by four/five volunteers.
- So far we’ve raised over £6000 from individual donations and business sponsorship – thank you so much for all you’ve given! If you’d like to donate you can do that here.
- Hannah and Elena organised a brilliant online party where they got lots of folks to donate.
Grantmaking & more
- So far we’ve made 25 grants of around £100 each to individuals and families in the Machynlleth area.
- We’re also now organising free veg bags from Planna Fwyd for those who want them.
- We’re keeping anonymised notes on how people are doing in our area and finding a wide range of issues, though issues with Universal Credit and other benefits are a common problem, as is work loss as a result of covid/lockdown.
- We’ve also had applications from outside the Machynlleth area and have helped these people find support in their local areas.
- We are working to become a constituted community group, which would give us more legitimacy when working with other organisations and accepting donatons.
- We are reaching out to other organisations to share publicity/outreach work and so that we can reach those most in need and make referrals where appropriate.